Monday, April 29, 2013

Illustration For Storytellers site is LIVE!


We are excited to launch our new online live Illustration For Storytellers class! We are filling up fast so if you're at all interested don't wait too long to reserve your spot. Just go to our new site for the School of Visual Storytelling. You can also get there by clicking on the banner on the right. Please read through all of the information before asking questions as we've put a lot of thought and effort into this class.

Also please feel free to stop by our facebook page and "like" us if you would like to receive updates and future news on other classes. We are also hoping that participants will feel free to share ideas and information pertaining to the class - as a forum. We would love to get a community going around the idea of learning the art of visual storytelling, publishing, and related subjects.

We are offering a FULL class and a LITE class. The details are on the site but basically there are only 25 spaces for the full class because we want to give personal attention to those students and help them through the working process of their image creation.

The LITE class is the recording of the FULL class but without any of the personal contact - great for those who could not register or don't have the time to go through the assignment or who's schedules do not sync up.

We will also be creating an waiting list by first come first serve. If someone in the FULL class should decide to drop out before class starts we will work from the top down for alternates. If you try to purchase the class and it says SOLD OUT - please email me ASAP to get on the list!

Some have asked me, "what will be different in this live class than what you have already put in your, "How To Illustrate Children's Books" video tutorial? An excellent question. There are many lessons that I could not include in that video series for the sake of time. There will be mini exercises that we will do in class that were also not included. I have many more visual aids that I could not share in the tutorial that I'll be showing in class because of the "fair use" doctrine. Jake Parker has his own lessons and strengths that are very different than mine. I will be stealing as much as possible from him - please don't tell him :) So in general I think that even if you went through the tutorial you will get some overlap but also much much more.

Can't wait for class to start!

17 comments:

  1. Will, I really wanted take this class, but I bought a Cintiq 24HD last week. I've been saving for one for a very long time. So, hopefully this will be the first of many so that I'll get a chance to do it another time. I so love the lighting in this illustration. It's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! I'm so glad you got the Cintiq! I think that's my next move as well... We'll hopefully do it again - want to wait to see how this one goes...

      Delete
  2. All signed up and ready to learn. Can't wait till June!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to meeting you in class Tamisha!

      Delete
  3. Just wondering how long are the courses for both live and lite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, The class meets 10 times for 2 hours/class. This does not include the skype call, the meet and greet before the first class begins, and the final draw over that will be emailed to students. You can find more information on the site. http://schoolofvisualstorytelling.bigcartel.com/

      Delete
  4. All signed up and can't wait to get started!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so taking this if you offer it in the fall. I wish I could take it over the summer, but every dime's gone into camps (so I can create)! Please keep offering!! Way to go!

    a : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to be part of this! Could I really afford it? No. Could I afford not to take it? Absolutely not! I have a feeling the cost of this class (reasonable, really) is going to be worth it tenfold in the long run. Exactly what those of us who didn't get to go to art school but still work as artists need to get to that next level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really hope to live up to your expectations Terry :)

      Delete
    2. No pressure, guys! As I'm sure your mamas told you: just be yourselves.

      Delete
  7. Hey Guys - only a few spaces left - we almost sold all the spots on the first day - If you can't get in please email me at will@willterry.com - I can put you on a waiting list/alternate list in case someone drops out or you'll get the first emails and chance to sign up the next time we run this class!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was half asleep last night-and can't find your message. Did you say the class is full? If so when will you offer it again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ester - I'm always worried that our emails might go into spam folders :( ...We don't know when we will do it again but I'll give a heads up on the blog before we do...

      Delete

Feel free...