Monday, March 28, 2011

My Painting Class - Art Puzzle



Just for fun I took a picture of my mentor- Perry Stuart an amazing illustrator and figure artist and teacher at UVU. I enlarged it, printed it, mounted it on foam board, textured it, and cut it into pieces. The video begins with the pieces being handed out so my students could begin painting on top of the cut up photo. The fun part was watching them piece it together at the end. They had no idea it was a portrait of Perry.

Perry just started a new blog on figure drawing - check it out here!

4 comments:

  1. That was really cool Will! I loved watching it. Your students are so lucky to get you as their teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Guys! I'm lucky to have them too Sarah! I don't know if they know it but I learn just as much from them.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...