Sunday, May 16, 2010

What's On My Desk



Even though I'm not at liberty to announce what I'm currently working on I think it will be ok for me to post a few sketches from the project. These sketches are characters that will appear in a book I'm working on for Dutton. It's a really fun book and I can't wait to start painting it as soon as all my sketches are approved.

I still haven't figured out how to draw with my Wacom tablet - I can paint with it but I can't get the sensitivity I get with pencil and paper. Perhaps it's the lack of texture provided by the tablet - or the disconnect between my hand, eye, and computer monitor. I continue to force myself to practice it until frustration wins and I hit print and finish it on paper.

3 comments:

  1. I love peeking at other artist's sketchbooks. This is a great post. I have a Wacom issue too- it scares and excites me at the same time. It also makes me feel like a very old dog- no new tricks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had Wacom tablets on my mind too.
    I have been pondering a whole new graphics system with CS5 software and a Cintiq 21 tablet.
    My present system (Mac G3), with a large Wacom tablet, is getting pretty dated, and my software is over 8 years old. I can still do a lot of nice work with it, but I look at what others are doing, and wonder if I could do better with the latest, greatest stuff.

    Nice bugs Will. I have seen bugs like that on vacation in Australia.

    Youtube "Huntsman Spider". You'll see what I mean.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bugs. Love to see sketches. Your in process videos are great! Keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...